Re: [AMBER] HID or HIE which one to consider?

From: <sunita.tifrh.res.in>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:19:13 +0530

Hi Marc,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I checked my structure using H++
server which assign some of the HIS as HIE and some as HID. Actually, it
is a DNA binding protein. So I would like to keep HIS state correctly. The
exact DNA interacting residues are not known.

For MD simulation, is it ok to keep the protonation status as defined by
H++ server or should I keep the default one where all HIS are made to HIE?

With regards,
Sunita