Re: [AMBER] many initial systems for a two molecules system

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:58:44 -0400

On Mon, 2014-09-08 at 17:35 +0300, Fabian Glaser wrote:
> Oh I see, I thought to use the center of mass starting from a PDB
> structure....yes they are big molecules
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritonavir
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darunavir
>
> Their flexibility is not so large since they have 3-4 aromatic rings,
> so you say I cannot use the RDF approach without previously
> equilibrating the system seriously?

If they're not so flexible you may still be able run a simulation with a
box of the molecules and use the RDF to get some idea of their
interactions.

> Well, my original idea was to gain some insight at all about their
> interaction, couldn't I first run a single molecule and then freeze
> the best 5 conformations to calculate RDF?

I was talking about inter-molecular RDFs. That obviously won't work
with only a single molecule. In any case, it was just an idea (that may
amount to nothing) to help get you started.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher