Re: [AMBER] iwrap on very long simulation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 09:07:11 -0400

Yes. See the errata for the manual at http://ambermd.org/doc12/

> I have also a question on iwrap. If we set ioutfm=1 then we don't have to
> set iwrap=1 even for long simulation. Am I write ?

If you set ioutfm=1 and ntxo=2, then you will never see the problem that
coordinates overflow fixed-size fields and replaces the coordinates with
***s. It's possible to run long enough that the single-precision
trajectory files may lose precision for the particles that have migrated
very far away from the original box, though (although you probably have
to run for a very long time for this to become a real problem).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher