[AMBER] Solvation of the membrane bilayer using tleap

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 11:34:14 +0400

Dear Amber users!

I have a problem with the adding water to the lipid bilayer (with the
embedded protein) using tleap commands.
In my case I need to add water only along Z direction from upper and
bottom parts of the bilayer. Using the below command to much water has been
added (including some water from the x and y):
solvatebox protein TIP3PBOX {0 30 0} 1
so in the npt equilibtation my system has been non stabile due to the high
perturbations in its total volume

alternatively
solvatebox protein TIP3PBOX {0 30 0} 2

produced alot of space betwen polar groups of the lipids and water.
Is it possible to make solvation better? (e.g in gromacs there were a trick
to modify vdw radii during the solvation to avoid such voids)

Thanks for help,

James