Re: [AMBER] time scales for running MD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:36:20 -0400

it's not quite clear what you're asking. I think that following Dan's
advice is good. make sure multiple simulations give you the same
distributions for the property you are asking about. meaning don't look at
average energy, or at base pairing in the stem, if you want to know if the
loop structure has converged. also, I strong suggest starting the
simulations in different conformations. short runs from the same structure
may all be stuck in the same place. in that case, consistent results are
not really meaningful. you need a reliable measure of precision. that will
be separate from the potential accuracy issues that you mentioned about
force field development. look at recent work from the Cheatham lab, among
others.