Re: [AMBER] time scales for running MD

From: Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 22:45:41 +0530

This may sound stupid...but as far as i have read, most of the force field
parameterization and torsion angle correction involves extensive testing on
DNA/RNA duplexes. Testing on loops have been limited to tetraloops
(UUCG/GNRA) which are very short and less prone to structural fluctuations
(extensive base stacking and hydrogen bonding). If the loop length is long
( 7-8 nucleotides in my case) and all i am interested is in looking for
stability of hydrogen bonds between these loops and duplex RNA stems, then
how long is long enough? will 300-600ns give me a good estimate ? (provided
the fact that i don't have access to a GPU machine, this long simulation
will take ages to finish)

Thanks for the replies...