[AMBER] Question for residues.py to parameterize a nonstandard residue for constant pH MD

From: M Olivia Kim <olivijuly.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:30:20 -0400

Hello,

I was trying to parameterize a nonstandard residue for constant pH MD in
Amber 14 and noticed that
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/etc/cpinutils/residues.py script has been
primarily changed from the corresponding cpin_data.py in Amber 12 or older
version.

Specifically, in the old cpin_data.py, I only needed to get the "relene"
term, which I obtain from TI computation. I guess this term corresponds to
the _ReferenceEnergy term in the residues.py script in Amber 14. However,
in the residues.py, there are a couple additional terms that I need to
define: solvent_energies and dielec2_energies.

Would anyone be able to explain 1) what those terms mean; 2) how I can
obtain the values for each term; and 3) how they affect the total reference
energy? Thank you!

Thanks,
Olivia