Re: [AMBER] MCPB and sidechain.bcl problem

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:05:58 -0400

Hi Yuhui,

I checked the input file. You could not choose the backbone oxygen is because you did not
include the backbone in the sidechain model. : ) It is the normal situation that you don't
need to consider the backbone atoms, but since there are backbone atoms coordinated to the metal
ion, you need to consider it apparently.

I have changed the input file a little bit. Take the backbone of VAL and TRP into consideration.
Then I used the CH3 group to capped the backbone in two directions.

I used the 2xjp_fixed_H.pdb file directly, so there is some residue number changes in the input file.

Here is the input file after modification.

Meanwhile, you can try the nonbonded model to simulate the Ca2+ ion since there is usually not very strong
coordinated bond between the Ca ion and the surrounding residues.

You can check the following paper if interested.
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct400146w

Hope it helps,

Pengfei