Re: [AMBER] positive free energy

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 22:29:06 +0200

In my experience inp=2 gives far better affinities than inp=1 for protein-nucleic acids . As long as non-linear PB is used and sasopt=2. Therefore I disagree with changing the default to inp=1. In fact I would argue MMPBSA should not run with any defaults as users need to understand every single parameter.

For more info, look at the paper by Merino et al which was just published in Structure
http://www.cell.com/structure/abstract/S0969-2126(14)00206-8

Although here we just look at dddG, we are preparing a follow up manuscript in which we will discuss in detail the effect of every single parameter.

Best
Vlad