Re: [AMBER] problem with chamber & vmd generated psf (line 2349 of file psfprm.F90)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:44:59 -0400

On Aug 6, 2014, at 3:39 AM, Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Jason (and others),
>
> I wasn't aware of this new functionality of ParmEd! Very impressed (and
> great that there is the NBFIX option as well!) - many thanks for your work,
> Jason!
>
> Now, I did encounter problems, and haven't been able to generate a
> prmtop+inpcrd of my system yet; for a tri-peptide test-system, I was only
> successful with chamber (not parmed.py) and a CHARMM-style psf (written by
> CHARMM). See details below.
>
> First, I believe the -cmap flag should not be used in parmed.py?
> When I try (after cloning and installing parmed.py as per your instructions
> - did this on my MacBook as away from work):
>> chamber -cmap -top top_all36_prot_ksi.rtf -param
> par_all36_prot_cgenff_ksi.prm -psf ionized.psf -crd ionized.pdb
> Action chamber failed
> UnhandledArgumentWarning: -cmap
>
> Without the -cmap flag but with specifying a -box, I get:
> chamber -top top_all36_prot_ksi.rtf -param par_all36_prot_cgenff_ksi.prm
> -psf ionized.psf -crd ionized.pdb -box 72.18 83.12 69.77
> Action chamber failed
> InputError: Box must be 3 lengths or 3 lengths and 3 angles!

Ah, apologies here. One of the choices I made was that any PSF file that specified CMAP terms would automatically use CMAPs. This could be explicitly disabled using "-nocmap", but the "-cmap" flag is no longer necessary. CMAPs are not nearly as new now as they were when chamber was originally written, and omitting them in modern force fields is just wrong.

> (and adding 90.0 90.0 90.0 for angles doesn't help)
>
> How should I specify the 'boundingbox' option?

"-box bounding" (this is also put in the help text, but was incorrectly described in my last email).

I will try with your files shortly.

Thanks!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University