Re: [AMBER] Equilibirum/System convergence

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:33:38 -0400

Hi Parker,
in your case I might agree with the reviewers in wanting to know what you
mean. If you said that there was an equilibrium between closed and open,
and the (thermodynamic) partitioning between the 2 states was not changing
with longer runs, then it's clear that you mean a thermodynamic equilibrium
for these 2 substates. If it just closes, I'm not sure either what you mean
by equilibrium. One could as well say that the loop "became kinetically
trapped" in the closed substate. Maybe they want you to define what you
think equilibrium means for your conclusions, rather than just how you
measured it. One you have an idea of what you mean, it's easier to say how
you're sure that's the case.
carlos