Re: [AMBER] X11 error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:04:31 -0400

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014, Vidushi Sharma wrote:

> I am stuck and need help now. I have centos 6.4 in my system.. I had some
> issue with xleap installation. In the amber help, I found that copying X11
> files from /usr/lib64 location to /usr/lib/ location will solve the issue.
> I also copied the files to /usr location...
>
> I did that and I crashed my system. I could not start pymol or any software
> (which uses GUI). As a result, I deleted files from /usr and /usr/lib/
> folder/ . And now the situation becomes worst.. I can not start the system
> anymore..

If you system won't start, and programs won't work, you may need to
restore the system from whatever backup you have. It's hard to say much
without more information (which files were moved, details about what
happens when you try to boot the system, etc.)

At a minimum: treat this as a learning exercise: don't do things that require
root permission (such as moving files around in the /usr tree) unless you know
what you are doing; don't blindly follow suggestions you may find on the
internet; make changes in small steps and keep careful records of what you
did, and backup often.

...good luck....dac