Re: [AMBER] Fwd: problem in installation of ambertools14

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:50:21 -0400

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014, Vidushi Sharma wrote:

> I just put following line at the end of configure file :
>
> XHOME=/usr/lib64
> XLIBS= -L/usr/lib64

These lines go into config.h, not into configure (maybe that is what you meant
to say?) They should also replace the lines that are already there that
define XHOME and XLIBS.

The configure script is looking for libXt.a or libXt.so: are either of
those files in /usr/lib64 on your machine? In any case, it's worth trying
to set XHOME to "/usr", and giving that a try.

> But during recompilation, it shows the same error. i.e.
> the X11 libraries are not in the usual location !

This sounds like you re-ran the configure script, since that is the script
that give this message. After you modify the config.h file, just type "make
install". (Re-running the configure script just creates a new config.h file
with the wrong info in it.)

...good luck...dac