Re: [AMBER] diffusion path length

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 17:01:27 +0100

Hi,

I am just wondering if am thinking in right direction or not as I discussed
in previous post. I am copying again here:

"Lets say at time t1 I know one water molecule in some volume I am
interested in. Then I should find time t2 such that this water molecule
stays continuously in that volume. This will give small chunk (t2 - t1),
may be only few ps, of trajectory during which that water stays
continuously. Now I can calculate diffusion using cpptraj using specific
mask on that water. Yes also I will consider if that water molecule falls
back in that volume."

Also manual suggests to use unwrap before performing diffusion analysis.
 Please correct me, this would mean the particles (ions/waters) 'fly away'
from the solute (relatively faster than solute itself) compared to the
starting packed box and I should see randomly distributed particles all
around the solute. Considering this unwrap tarjectory, then a very long
simulation would make solute dried out of water.

Actually my volume of interest is near the center of solute itself so I
will get less waters to average my results. Unwrap will make all particles
diffused far away from center of solute. In this case would you suggest me
to use imaged trajectory?

Thanks for any suggestions.