Re: [AMBER] diffusion path length

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:41:00 +0100

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your help and suggestions that you always render. So saying this
I think following approach should work:

Actually I have some volume selection criteria that my script can handle
and tell which waters are there in that volume in each frame, thus having
this info I should do this:

Lets say at time t1 I know one water molecule in some volume I am
interested in. Then I should find time t2 such that this water molecule
stays continuously in that volume. This will give small chunk (t2 - t1),
may be only few ps, of trajectory during which that water stays
continuously. Now I can calculate diffusion using cpptraj using specific
mask on that water. Yes also I will consider if that water molecule falls
back in that volume.

Similarly this will be done for other waters starting at time t1 and thus
finally I will average and if standard deviation is very large then I
should consider changing volume size criteria.

regards,
JIom