Re: [AMBER] Fwd: neighbours around an atom

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 11:59:31 -0600

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Krisztina Fehér <Krisztina.Feher.ugent.be>
wrote:

> circle. I wonder if I could rather use the distance action command. I
> tried this:
>
> distance 4CB :4.CB :*.C out 4CBtoCO.dist noimage
>
> but it averages all distances into one distance:

It's actually the distance between the the first atom and the center of
mass of the atoms selected by ':*.C' (note that the :* is not necessary as
.C implies :*).

You can generate the input you need relatively easily via a script. Cpptraj
has several command-line flags which allow you to access the mask parser in
various ways. For example you could use something like (in bash):

for ATOM in `cpptraj -p topology.parm7 -ms '.C'` ; do
  if [[ $ATOM != "Selected=" ]] ; then
    echo "distance 4CB_$ATOM :4.CB .$ATOM out 4CBtoCO.dist noimage" >>
cpptraj.in
  fi
done

Hope this helps,