Re: [AMBER] different number of waters

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 16:06:10 +0100

Hi

In addition to my just sent reply I have pasted here box system info
outputs both from AMBER and GROMACS and one can see significant Volume
difference (NOTE: Gromacs measures in nm)

command: solvateoct hex20 TIP3PBOX 12.0

###### AMBER output

Scaling up box by a factor of 1.271723 to meet diagonal cut criterion
  Solute vdw bounding box: 73.650 148.477 85.403
  Total bounding box for atom centers: 178.998 178.998 178.998
      (box expansion for 'iso' is 165.3%)
  Solvent unit box: 18.774 18.774 18.774
  Volume: 2915924.151 A^3 (oct)
  Total mass 1637719.276 amu, Density 0.933 g/cc
  Added 82336 residues.
Checking Unit.

command: editconf -f input.gro -o output.gro -c -d 1.2 -bt octahedron

#####GROMACS output

    system size : 12.324 14.348 5.952 (nm)
    diameter : 15.385 (nm)
    center : 7.774 7.569 7.829 (nm)
    box vectors : 12.324 14.348 5.952 (nm)
    box angles : 90.00 90.00 90.00 (degrees)
    box volume :1052.41 (nm^3)
    shift : 1.119 5.007 -0.568 (nm)
new center : 8.893 12.576 7.261 (nm)
new box vectors : 17.785 17.785 17.785 (nm)
new box angles : 70.53 109.47 70.53 (degrees)
new box volume :4330.63 (nm^3)