Re: [AMBER] Problem using charmmlipid2amber.py with VMD

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 00:10:36 +0000

Hi Thomas,

You could adapt the charmmlipid2amber.py to go the reverse direction. The trick is that you'd have to pre-process the PDB structure file so that the three "residues" in each lipid have the same residue number. Then you could create a custom substitution file for that type of residue and run the script again.

Take a look at the substitution file. It has a fairly straightforward format:

residue,order,search,replace,TER,num_atom

residue: residue name
order: atom order in residue
search: search string for PDB file columns 13-21
replace: replace string for PDB file columns 13-21
TER: if True, add a TER card at the end of the residue
num_atom: number of atoms in residue

All the best,
Ben Madej
UCSD Chemistry and Biochemistry