Re: [AMBER] zlib issues during compilation.

From: Harris, Danni <danniharris.rti.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 23:29:24 +0000

Thanks for a second pair of eyes Dan---yah you are right ---not sure why
that happened ? Mis-paste?
I am doing a configure gnu ----and a make install of a fully patched
AMBER14/AMBERTOOLS14.

--and the added material below shows the -lz is being properly added in
the link step.

I have a suspicion this could be a ZLIB version compatibility issue: I.E.
I have a hunch, that downloading and compiling the latest ZLIB 1.2.8
(which was my decision). I am going to check that.

As per similar comments here (for a different package):

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/77905/undefined-reference-to-gzopen
64-when-building-samtools

Don't know why this later ZLIB version could be an issue as in the
comments there for another package---but I will roll back the 'new ZLIB'
install and check.

I appreciate the feedback ---I will dig in and look for the ZLIB source of
the compilation issue.

Thanks for your input.

Danni
__________________

-DETAILED RESPONSE TO YOUR COMMENTS/QUESTIONS-

The -lz is specified in the config.h

And is being added in the link (pasted material below).

____EXCERPT of config.h ______

NETCDF=$(INCDIR)/netcdf.mod
NETCDFLIB=$(LIBDIR)/libnetcdf.a
NETCDFLIBF=$(LIBDIR)/libnetcdff.a $(LIBDIR)/libnetcdf.a
NETCDFINC=-I$(INCDIR)
FFTWLIB=-lfftw3

EMIL=EMIL
EMILLIB=$(LIBDIR)/libemil.a -lstdc++

ZLIB=-lz
BZLIB=-lbz2

HASFC=yes
MTKPP=install_mtkpp
XBLAS=$(LIBDIR)/libxblas-amb.a
FFTW3=$(LIBDIR)/libfftw3.a
MDGX=yes

COMPILER=gnu
_______________

And redoing the install from tar files and:

configure gnu
make install

Of patched version (during configure gnu operation) still leads to the
same error.

The 'tail of my Make.log' piped output shows the same result (bottom of
this email)

g++ -o cpptraj ActionFrameCounter.o ActionList.o Action_Angle.o
Action_AtomMap.o Action_AtomicCorr.o Action_AtomicFluct.o
Action_AutoImage.o Action_Average.o Action_Bounds.o Action_Box.o
Action_Center.o Action_CheckStructure.o Action_Closest.o
Action_ClusterDihedral.o Action_Contacts.o Action_CreateCrd.o
Action_CreateReservoir.o Action_DNAionTracker.o Action_DSSP.o
Action_Density.o Action_Diffusion.o Action_Dihedral.o
Action_DihedralScan.o Action_Dipole.o Action_DistRmsd.o Action_Distance.o
Action_FilterByData.o Action_FixAtomOrder.o Action_Gist.o Action_Grid.o
Action_GridFreeEnergy.o Action_Hbond.o Action_Image.o Action_Jcoupling.o
Action_LESsplit.o Action_LIE.o Action_MakeStructure.o Action_Mask.o
Action_Matrix.o Action_Molsurf.o Action_MultiDihedral.o Action_NAstruct.o
Action_NativeContacts.o Action_NMRrst.o Action_OrderParameter.o
Action_Outtraj.o Action_PairDist.o Action_Pairwise.o Action_Principal.o
Action_Projection.o Action_Pucker.o Action_Radgyr.o Action_Radial.o
Action_RandomizeIons.o Action_Rmsd.o Action_Rotate.o Action_Rotdif.o
Action_RunningAvg.o Action_STFC_Diffusion.o Action_Scale.o
Action_SetVelocity.o Action_Spam.o Action_Strip.o Action_Surf.o
Action_SymmetricRmsd.o Action_Temperature.o Action_Translate.o
Action_Unwrap.o Action_Vector.o Action_VelocityAutoCorr.o Action_Volmap.o
Action_Watershell.o AnalysisList.o Analysis_AmdBias.o Analysis_AutoCorr.o
Analysis_Average.o Analysis_Clustering.o Analysis_Corr.o
Analysis_CrankShaft.o Analysis_CrdFluct.o Analysis_CrossCorr.o
Analysis_Divergence.o Analysis_FFT.o Analysis_Hist.o Analysis_Integrate.o
Analysis_IRED.o Analysis_KDE.o Analysis_Lifetime.o Analysis_Matrix.o
Analysis_MeltCurve.o Analysis_Modes.o Analysis_MultiHist.o
Analysis_Overlap.o Analysis_Regression.o Analysis_RemLog.o
Analysis_Rms2d.o Analysis_RmsAvgCorr.o Analysis_RunningAvg.o
Analysis_Spline.o Analysis_Statistics.o Analysis_Timecorr.o
Analysis_VectorMath.o ArgList.o Array1D.o Atom.o AtomMap.o AtomMask.o
AxisType.o Box.o BufferedFrame.o BufferedLine.o ByteRoutines.o CIFfile.o
ClusterDist.o ClusterList.o ClusterMatrix.o ClusterNode.o ClusterSieve.o
Cluster_DBSCAN.o Cluster_HierAgglo.o Command.o ComplexArray.o Corr.o
Cpptraj.o CpptrajFile.o CpptrajState.o CpptrajStdio.o DataFile.o
DataFileList.o DataIO.o DataIO_Evecs.o DataIO_Gnuplot.o DataIO_Grace.o
DataIO_OpenDx.o DataIO_Mdout.o DataIO_RemLog.o DataIO_Std.o DataIO_Xplor.o
DataSet.o DataSetList.o DataSet_1D.o DataSet_2D.o DataSet_3D.o
DataSet_Coords.o DataSet_Coords_CRD.o DataSet_Coords_TRJ.o
DataSet_GridFlt.o DataSet_MatrixDbl.o DataSet_MatrixFlt.o DataSet_Mesh.o
DataSet_Modes.o DataSet_RemLog.o DataSet_Vector.o DataSet_double.o
DataSet_float.o DataSet_integer.o DataSet_string.o DihedralSearch.o
Dimension.o DistRoutines.o FileIO_Bzip2.o FileIO_Gzip.o FileIO_Mpi.o
FileIO_Std.o FileName.o FileTypes.o Frame.o FrameList.o GridAction.o
Hungarian.o ImageRoutines.o MapAtom.o MaskToken.o Matrix_3x3.o Mol2File.o
NameType.o NetcdfFile.o PDBfile.o ParmFile.o Parm_Amber.o Parm_CharmmPsf.o
Parm_CIF.o Parm_Mol2.o Parm_PDB.o Parm_SDF.o ProgressBar.o PubFFT.o
Random.o Range.o ReadLine.o ReferenceAction.o ReferenceFrame.o SDFfile.o
StringRoutines.o SymmetricRmsdCalc.o Timer.o Topology.o TopologyList.o
TorsionRoutines.o Traj_AmberCoord.o Traj_AmberNetcdf.o Traj_AmberRestart.o
Traj_AmberRestartNC.o Traj_Binpos.o Traj_CharmmDcd.o Traj_CIF.o
Traj_Conflib.o Traj_GmxTrX.o Traj_Mol2File.o Traj_PDBfile.o Traj_SDF.o
Traj_SQM.o TrajectoryFile.o Trajin.o TrajinList.o Trajin_Multi.o
Trajin_Single.o Trajout.o TrajoutList.o Vec3.o main.o MpiRoutines.o
molsurf.o pub_fft.o \
               -L/home/dannil/amber14/lib
/home/dannil/amber14/lib/libnetcdf.a -lz -lbz2 -larpack -llapack -lblas
-lgfortran -w readline/libreadline.a

FileIO_Gzip.o: In function `FileIO_Gzip::Seek(long)':
FileIO_Gzip.cpp:(.text+0x6b): undefined reference to `gzseek64'
FileIO_Gzip.o: In function `FileIO_Gzip::Open(char const*, char const*)':
FileIO_Gzip.cpp:(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to `gzopen64'
FileIO_Gzip.o: In function `FileIO_Gzip::Tell()':
FileIO_Gzip.cpp:(.text+0x35): undefined reference to `gztell64'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cpptraj] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/dannil/amber14/AmberTools/src/cpptraj/src'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dannil/amber14/AmberTools/src/cpptraj'
make[1]: *** [serial] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dannil/amber14/AmberTools/src'
make: *** [install] Error 2