Re: [AMBER] Simulation of the protein with internal water

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 19:04:21 -0700

TIP3 waters have a spherical vdw centered on the O and containing
the H's. In solute-ion/water-ion parameterization we found that
we needed to paramterize the ion radii differently depending on
whether they were in solvent or solute. The same may apply to
parameterization of water in solute vs. solvent. Though I don't
recall any discussion of the issue.

    Ion-Induced Stabilization of the G-DNA Quadruplex: Free Energy
    Perturbation Studies. W.S. Ross and C.C. Hardin
    Journal of the American Chemical Society 116, 6070 (1994).

Bill