Re: [AMBER] compatibility of lipid14 with AMBER12 and lipid11/14 with NAMD v.2.10

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 20:43:33 +0000

Hi Thomas,

Let me add a brief response: Lipid11 and Lipid14 are compatible with NAMD.

Jason gave a good description of the 1-4 scaling factors. Lipid11 and Lipid14 use consistent scaling factors: i.e. SCEE=1.2 and SCNB=2.0. These are defined in Amber parameter "dat" files in the dihedral section in the comments. These are in turn saved in the prmtop input file. The only exception in Lipid11 is the head group phosphoinisitol (PI) which uses some GLYCAM parameters. In the future, there may be other exceptions as we add more glycolipids to the Amber lipid force field.

Amber has supported mixed scaling factors for some time (Amber >11).

As for pre-equilibrated structures, we are currently building a set of structures to be included with Amber or provided on the web site. We are planning to have the Lipid14 bilayer types of different sizes with optional hydration. It would be good to include bilayers with cholesterol as well.

All the best,
Ben Madej
UCSD Chemistry and Biochemistry
SDSC