Re: [AMBER] compatibility of lipid14 with AMBER12 and lipid11/14 with NAMD v.2.10

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 14:03:04 +0300

Thank you Jason and Hannes! I guess by putting the following in my NAMD
.conf file I can run a protein-membrane simulation with the lipid11 or
lipid14 ff without carbonhydrates. Lipid11/14 does not use different
scaling factors than the amber ff, right?

exclude scaled1-4
1-4scaling 0.8333;# must be 1/scee, where scee is the
electrostatic scaling factor in AMBER
scnb 2.0 ;# VDW 1-4 scaling factor, required for AMBER
ff (although the default value is the same)

On 4 June 2014 13:07, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:58:11 -0400
> Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > He didn't know
> > > exactly though what happens. Aren't these parameters defined
> > > explicitly in the .prmtop file so that NAMD could know how to
> > > compute the vdW and electrostatics correctly, or does the code
> > > override them?
> > >

> > ​My guess is that NAMD ignores the SCEE_SCALE_FACTOR and
> > SCNB_SCALE_FACTOR sections of the prmtop and simply uses scee and
> > scnb as input by the user. But that may have changed in recent
> > versions. ​
>
> I have just tested this with today's CVS version of namd and it still
> ignores those flags.
> --
> Scanned by iCritical.

Thomas Evangelidis