Re: [AMBER] Parametrization of non-standart residues

From: Parker de Waal <Parker.deWaal.vai.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:15:30 +0000

Hi James,

Unfortunately leap cannot build atoms that it doesn't know about. Unlike the automatic capping N and C terminal residues for an entire protein, capping a custom residue will require you to add the ACE and NME groups manually or through another program.

For my ligand and residue building I use the freely available MarvinSketch followed by geometry optimization and RESP charge calculations using the R.E.D. server.

Best,
Parker