Re: [AMBER] amber in namd

From: <amin.imtech.res.in>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 22:22:04 +0530

I have had a related problem. The way of having restraints is that you
generate a PDB file with occupancy or beta column marked. For beta
columns the following should work in VMD :

set all [atomselect top all]

set sel [atomselect top "protein"]

$all set beta 0

$sel set beta 1

$all savepdb restrain.pdb

Then in the configuration file for namd you write

fixedAtoms on
fixedAtomsForces on
fixedAtomsFile restrain.pdb
fixedAtomsCol B

or

constraints on
consRef restrain.pdb
consKFile restrain.pdb
consKCol B

The problem I encountered was that this worked when I used a psf/pdb
pair but not when I used a prmtop/inpcrd pair i.e. the atoms kept moving
even after fixing. If you find a solution to this please post on the
list.

Amin.