Re: [AMBER] MD at constant pH and high temperature

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 16:18:31 +0200

Hi
interesting question with many answers..

First, is it possible ? sure it is, you just set a regular constant pH
run and set the temperature in the mdin as whatever you want it to be.

Second: are the results 'correct'. This is tricky.... they 'should' be
ok, but take is as experimental... The issue is that pKas, water
hydrolysis equilibrium and the dielectric constant of water are all
temperature dependent (weakly), in different ways, so the overall effect
is not obvious. If It was my project, I would do it, being a bit more
careful than usual..

adrian

--
                             Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
Colonel Allan R. and Margaret G. Crow Term Professor.