Re: [AMBER] conversion force constant

From: giulia palermo <giulia.palermo83.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 10:32:15 +0200

Dear James,

thank you for your reply. However, I still have some doubts.

In frequencies calculations (with g09) the force constant is expressed in
mDyne/Ang.
However, when asking g09 to print the force constant for each degree of
freedom, one gets the following output:

 ! Name Definition Value Derivative
Info. !
 ! R1 R(1,2) 1.5017 D2E/DX2 =
0.3353 !
 ! R2 R(1,4) 1.0794 D2E/DX2 =
0.3863 !
 ! R3 R(1,5) 1.0808 D2E/DX2 =
0.3807 !

where R(1,2) is the bond and D2E/DX2 is the force constant. *It seems to me
that these values are expressed in Hartree*, even if it is not clearly
specified in the output file.

Do you ever had any experience with this problem??
The conversion of either mDyne/Ang or Hartree to kcal/mol/(Ang**2) will
give different values of the Force Constants that will be unreliavle if the
startung units are wrong.

Thank you very much
Giulia