Re: [AMBER] cant run ntp=3 without csurften

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 12:24:49 -0700

Hi Eric,

To expand on Ben's answer a little bit.

If you don't specifically have a specific reason for wanting to run with
semi-anisotropic scaling you should just set ntp=2 (anisotropic scaling)
and not specify any csurften.

Semi-anisotropic scaling was originally added because lipid11 required a
constant surface tension term to give correct lipid phases. Lipid14 was
specifically designed NOT to need a constant surface tension term and thus
should be run with ntp=2. (What Ben is suggesting is a hack to fix the
equivalence the box size in the XY dimension. You shouldn't do this unless
you have a specific reason for wanting to do it).

So for you standard Lipid14 simulation just set ntp=2.

All the best
Ross