Re: [AMBER] Analysis of minimization stage

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 09:51:37 -0400

You can usually ignore errors like that if you are only minimizing for
equilibration purposes. Personally, I would run many fewer minimization
steps (1000-2000) and move on. There is little to be gained from performing
that many steps (and much to be lost in terms of errors).

Regards,
Brian

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Valentina Romano <
valentina.romano.unibas.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I changed the magnitude of the improper angle force constants (from 5000
> to 10.0).
>
> I ran a minimization (2500 steps) keeping restrained the heavy atoms of
> both protein and ligand and letting free water molecules and ions.
> Afterward a ran a min. (10000 steps) of the whole system (to min the
> system before running a MD):
>
> Initial XMIN minimisation of PknG-Adenine complex: complex, water and ions
> &cntrl
> imin=1,
> maxcyc=10000,
> ntmin=3,
> ntb=1,
> igb=0,
> ntr=0,
> cut=10,
> ntpr=10, ntwx=10, ntwr=1000
>
> The min. stopped at step 4230. There was no error message in the output
> file whereas i got a stdut error message:
>
> ERROR in load_lbfgs(): YS=0
>
> What does it mean?
>
> Thank you.
> valentina

> Valentina Romano | PhD Student | Biozentrum, University of Basel & SIB
> Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
> Klingelbergstrasse 61 | CH-4056 Basel |

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu