Re: [AMBER] Fwd: MMPBSA

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 07:28:21 -0400

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 10:01 +0530, Soumya Lipsa Rath wrote:
> Thank you Jason for your reply.
>
> Yes, there is a bond between the complex and ligand in my case. However, I
> am not trying to break any bond. Like you said, I need to find out
> the energies of a particular segment of the complex, but, could you please
> explain how to do "stability" analysis using decomposition?

A "stability" calculation is a single-point energy calculation of a
single structure (so there is only one species -- for MMPBSA.py that
means there is only a complex, no receptor or ligand).

There is an example of running a stability calculation with
decomposition in the AmberTools test suite
($AMBERHOME/AmberTools/test/mmpbsa_py/08_Stability). That should help
get you started. There is also a brief explanation in the Amber manual
in the MMPBSA.py chapter (see the "Types of calculations you can do"
part).

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University