Re: [AMBER] Scaling of atomic mass of water molecules

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:31:26 -0400

one thing to keep in mind as you do this is that you need to think about
which water model you will be using. commonly used models in Amber are
rigid, so the impact on possible time steps will likely not be dramatic.
also, changing the water mass won't (by itself) change the masses of other
solute atoms, and Amber doesn't do the time steps for the water different
from solute. This means you probably won't be able to take longer time
steps in your MD just because you've changed the water mass. others here
can comment on methods to repartition masses of solute atoms, which is
possible in Amber and may help you.