Re: [AMBER] QM/MM tutorial

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:02:46 +0400

Some additional questions:

1) Does it possible to use *.prmtop and *.inpcrd files made from the
previous equilibration MD run For instance initially my ligand was
parametrized by force field method and its parameters have been included in
the prmtop which I'd like to use as the input for qm_mm defining ligand
treatment by ab initio? Will force field parameters of this group be
ignored during qmmm?

2) How should I made *.prmtop file if I'd like to run qmmm calculations
with the ab initio treatment of one of the non-standart residue which is
covalently connected to the rest of the protein backbone (e.g as in
Rhodopsin or GFP). Should I define that covalently bonds with the rest of
the protein backbone explicitly in the conf file ?

3)Again I'll be very thankful for some tutorial covered that questions as
well as some theory background of the ab initio methods implemented in the
amber.

James