Re: [AMBER] Modeling systems with non-standard residues

From: Parker de Waal <Parker.deWaal.vai.org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:31:30 +0000

Hi James,

To my knowledge no forcefield includes heme parameters. Depending on what you are modelling I would recommend looking into these parameters http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21997754 . While they were designed for the various states of CYP450 catalytic cycle they also work on other heme containing proteins. Just make sure you pick the right state that best represents your system.

If you need help using these parameters just let me know and I can provide you with some sample usage and pdb setups.

Best,
Parker