Re: [AMBER] Error when using PB implicit solvent in XMIN in NAB(PB Bomb in pb_init(): Allocation aborted)

From: Guqin Shi <shi.293.osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 16:35:50 -0400

Thank you for your reply!

So XMIN is prepared for following entropy calculation.
I performed MMPBSA calculation, too. I used PB method with inp=1. So I just
wanted to make enthalpy and entropy methods consistent...a little bit
paranoid...? I know PB is more costy. I just took out one pdb to play
around... But I never thought that I can't make it work...

I did try xmin with gb(1 and 5). 1 is because nmode can only do second
derivative on gb=1. 5 is because I read from manual that parameters alpha,
beta, and gamma work better to consistent with PB method...

And I cannot turn on gbsa=1, it keeps telling me that it has to use carbon
SA parms for my F atom... Both in MMGBSA and XMIN...

If cannot solve the memory problem, I will use MMPBSA for enthalpy and gb=1
without considering non-polar effect for entropy... I am not sure if that
would affect results a lot...

Sorry I bring more questions now...

Guqin SHI
The Ohio State University