Re: [AMBER] Analysis of evecs.dat file

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 18:52:11 +0100

Hi Ibrahim

>> I can not understand which are the eigenvectors and eigenvalues in the
file.

Here they are: Just see **** in your file and further explanation here

http://archive.ambermd.org/201209/0153.html

 If am not wrong Variance corresponds to the Eigenvalue (someone can chime
in!). You can read something here:

"The eigenvalues in PCA tell you how much variance can be explained by its
associated eigenvector" (
http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/31908/what-is-percentage-of-variance-in-pca
)

>> Porcupine Plot from this evecs file

You can have Porcupine ploting script tar file from here:

http://archive.ambermd.org/201211/0411.html

regards