Re: [AMBER] delta Ggas and Delta Gsolv

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 09:40:53 -0400

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 19:01 +0530, Arunima Shilpi wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I have query as to what is the significance of delta Ggas and delta Gsolv.
> I also have the query as why delta G solv is positive.

Try to rationalize your observations using the thermodynamic cycle I
mentioned in my last email. These are good questions to ask yourself
and should lead to a better understanding of the theoretical
underpinnings of MM/PBSA (which will help you better understand its
strengths and limitations).

One of the disadvantages of MM/PBSA calculations in Amber, in my
opinion, is that the calculations are easier to run than they are to
understand...

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University