Re: [AMBER] sqm convergence failure

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 13:23:27 +0200

Dear Hannes,

If your input structure is correct:
   i.e. no hydrogen is missing
        the total charge is correct
        the bumps are removed
    you might try a more robust code.

Let's talk about Gaussian vs Gaussian as an example:
   i.e. Gaussian 03 versus Gaussian 09
  there is an important speed and SCF convergence gap between g03 and g09

this is why we always propose the latest version of Gaussian at
   R.E.D. Server Development
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/news.php

more generally you could try to get a bunch of 50 molecules and run
the latest version of Gaussian (vs sqm). My feeling is that there is
no comparison; and I do not talk about the gradient value & the fact
that sqm is a semi-empirical code...

regards, Francois