[AMBER] SolvateBox command

From: George Patargias <gpat.bioacademy.gr>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 13:50:34 +0300

Hello

I am trying to understand the SolvateBox command from tleap. Basically, in
the leap log file there is something called

Total bounding box for atom centers: 157.379 141.515 152.369

this is generated by SolvateBox before the addition of water. While after
the addition of waters there is

Total vdw box size: 160.332 144.804 155.497 angstroms.

which is actually the box information at the end of the amber coordinate
file.

Could you please tell me what is the difference between them?

I noticed that the "Total bounding box for atom centers" values are closer
to the box dimensions created by VMD/solvate (using the same solute-box
edge and solute-water distance)

Thanks in advance.

Dr. George Patargias
Postdoctoral Research Fellow