Re: [AMBER] handling long trajs for PCA and components plot

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:27:25 +0100

Hi

>> If you are referring to figures 3/4 in the above reference

Yes, e.g. Fig 3A and 3B. I can get 3A as:

crdaction crd1 projection modes evecs.dat out myproj.txt beg 1 end 2
:1-328.N. I have some confusion about calculation. Once you get
Eigenvectors for Covar Matrix of 3Nx3N dimension then you calculate new
data as e.g. just for EV1 and EV2 as:

#Fx2 #2x3N

|(xi1-Xi) (xk-Xk)| |EV1 in Row|
: : | |EV2 in Row|
: : |
|(xiF-Xi) (xiF-xk)|

where x represents coordinate and X average. Does xi and xk would
necessarily mean the first and second dimension only (which happens to be
first two coordinates?) I know its wrong how xi and xj is chosen?

Still for Figure 3B I don't understand how its calculated as Eigenvector
has a dimension of 3N but I have NxF atoms (where N is number of atoms and
F is Number of frames)

thanks
Jiom