[AMBER] Simulations using pmemd.cuda

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 13:31:53 +0400

Dear Amber users!

I have workstation equipped with the core i7 (6 cores) + . GeForce Titat
GTX GPUs'

I'd like to run 2 independent simulation loading each GPU for each
simulated systems.

Using
pmemd.cuda -O -i ./in/md.aa -o md.out -p ionized.prmtop -c npt.restrt -ref
npt.restrt -r md.restrt -x md_sensor_Sperm.trj

I've fully loaded 1 GPU and (only) 1 CPU
obtaining 50ns/day performance for the explicit solvent system consisted of
30k atoms

If I use above command for my second system when the first simulation have
being already run I obtained twice decrease in performance for each system
(25ns/day) because both systems shared first GPU only and the second GPU
was unused.

1) How I could use my second GPU for second system?
2)Does it possible to use 3 CPU cores for each GPU obtaining increase in
performance? Should I use MP for such tasks?

Thanks for help,

James