[AMBER] PDB for 1-octanol molecules

From: Mari Mak <mmakrides1.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 02:13:18 -0400

To whom it may concern,

Hello, I am learning Amber for the first time, and I would really
appreciate any advice/tips you can offer.

I would like to build a box of 1-octanol molecules and use the GAFF force
field to perform MD simulations. I have gone through several of the
tutorials available online (enormously helpful, by the way) and had success
running MD on a single molecule of 1-octanol.

I have built pdb files for boxes of octanol molecules using other programs,
but I was unable to get Amber to read these files properly. Can Xleap, or
any of the other utilities within Amber, be used to build a pdb file
corresponding to a box of several (e.g., a few hundred) octanol molecules?
Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Marianna