Re: [AMBER] Problems during installation of amber-14 with cuda-5 on GTX 670

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 08:43:39 +0200

> testing [C++ / fortran] cross-compile with MPI libs
> Error! Could not link C++ mpi code using mpi fortran linker:
> "mpif90 -lstdc++ -lmpi_cxx"
> [C++ / fortran / MPI] cross-linking is needed for cuda_parallel and EMIL
> builds.
> Try: "mpif90 -show"
> Configure failed due to the errors above!
>
> own.arrakis ~/Documents/simulations/restart_holo $ mpif90 -show
> gfortran -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include -pthread -I/usr/lib/openmpi/lib
> -L/usr/lib/openmpi/lib -lmpi_f90 -lmpi_f77 -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal
-ldl
> -Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
>
> What should be done here?

>>Install a working MPI.

Or try commenting out the check in AmberTools/src/configure2

"
      echo "[C++ / fortran / MPI] cross-linking is needed for cuda_parallel
and EMIL builds."
             echo "Try: \"mpif90 -show\""
 this line-----> exit 1
          fi
"
and hope that the functionality which you need will then still compile OK.
Not ideal, I know, but if you are building for execution on your local
machine then CUDA_PARALLEL and EMIL are probably not going to be used
anyway these are heavy-duty crunching utilities that would normally be on a
cluster.

Josh