Re: [AMBER] Nonbond Energy for Single Water Molecule ?

From: Jinfeng Huang <wwsshhjjff00.163.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:11:25 +0800 (CST)

  Thanks for your helps! The explanation is very clear.
My amber version is Amber 11. The input file I used was:
-------- input for WAT energy calculation--------------
           &cntrl
            imin=1,
            maxcyc=0,
            ncyc=0,
            ntb=0,
            cut=9999.0
           /
By playing around the water molecule to further understand the "excluded_nonbond_list", I end up to have one more question. What I did is:
1). generate prep and frcmod files for a single water molecule with H-H disconnected. The residue name is set as "WT1" to differ from TP3 model.
2). atom types for oxygen and hydrogens are OW and HW, respectively. Then, sander calculates nonbond electrostatics with the above sander controlling input file
3). atom types for oxygen and hydrogens are OW and HO, respectively, Then, sander gives zero for nonbond electrostatics.

It looks like whenever there is HW atom, the nonbond electrostatics are calculated in PME code. Does it mean the PME code ignores the angle term for HW atom type?

Attached are my prep and frcmod files in my test.

Best,

Jinfeng
ÔÚ 2014-04-14 23:37:58£¬"Jason Swails" <jason.swails.gmail.com> дµÀ£º