Re: [AMBER] I make box with solvatebox complex TIP3PBOX 15.0 and unfilled gap remains near wall

From: Christopher A Thiebaut <cthieba.purdue.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

There is no way to control for this when you solvate the box. After you solvate the box, you must do a short NVT simulation to allow the solvent to distribute evenly into any such gaps. After that, you should do a short NPT simulation to get the density right. Also, are you sure you need such a large box?

Chris Thiebaut
Graduate Student
Purdue University