Re: [AMBER] antechamber for two ligands

From: Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:22:31 +0200

Thanks a lot,

OK, could you please suggest a good alternative to parametrize two drug like molecules for MD on amber??

Or it is the wrong tool?

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

On Mar 27, 2014, at 3:19 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014, Fabian Glaser wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to use antechamber for a drug, which works great for
>> one molecule, but if I use a pdb with two copies of the molecule,
>> antechamber never ends:
>>
>> Total number of electrons: 768; net charge: 0
>>
>> Running: /Users/fabian/TOOLS/amber/amber12/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out
>
> This is a very large system; beyond that, sqm is trying to find an energy
> minimum. If you have two molecules, the energy minimum might be with the
> molecules arbitarily far apart, and sqm will never complete the job.
>
> Short answer: don't do that. Antechamber is designed to work with single
> molecules.
>
> ....dac

_______________________________
Fabian Glaser, PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU

The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser.technion.ac.il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
Fax: +972 4 8225153