Re: [AMBER] libgfortran.2.dylib

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:16:51 -0400

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 09:54 +0200, Fabian Glaser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run cpptraj on Mac OSX, which I just updated to the last version 10.9.2
>
> Model Name: iMac
> Model Identifier: iMac12,2
> Processor Name: Intel Core i5
> Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
> Number of Processors: 1
> Total Number of Cores: 4
> L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
> L3 Cache: 6 MB
> Memory: 12 GB
> Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
> SMC Version (system): 1.72f2
> Serial Number (system): C02GF6NYDHJP
> Hardware UUID: 178E352A-02CC-50D3-ADBD-00E77152BCFC
>

> But it does not run:
>

> >cpptraj
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
> Referenced from: /Users/fabian/TOOLS/amber/amber12/bin/cpptraj
> Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap: 5
>
> I understand there is a problem with the libgfortran.2.dylib library
> but I am not an expert and don't want to mess up with the
> installations of other softwares.
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this problem?

This is an unusual problem. I can't recall the last time I tried
running a program I had compiled on a Mac only to find that some of the
runtime dynamic libraries could not be found (this is a common
occurrence on Linux machines in my experience).

There are only two ways I can imagine this happening:

1) You compiled Amber on another Mac (probably that was using "homebrew"
as a package manager to install the GCC compilers) and copied the Amber
directory to a Mac without homebrew/GCC installed.

2) You deleted the library (either by uninstalling homebrew, updating
its GCC installation, or something along those lines).

In either case, your best bet is to recompile on the machine you want to
run Amber on.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University