Re: [AMBER] tleap output of mol2 format incorrect bond order/atom types

From: Browning, Nicholas <nicholas.browning08.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:52:04 +0000

Well, there is another issue at hand which further complicates the issue of running things through antechamber - the library files im using are a set of rotamers which need to stay in their specific conformations, this would basically mean I need to re-optimize 200 or so rotamers through antechamber, and there is no guarantee that while running them through antechamber they will remain in their specific conformations... Not such a facile task.

Anywho, this no longer poses the same problem it once did - the program I have made to modify the amber atom types in the tleap mol2 files to elemental atom types seems to allow OpenBabel to interpret the mol2 files with the single-bond connectivity. I do not need exact connectivity, just the basic skeleton of the structure.

Once I've manipulated the molecule through OpenBabel, I'm running it back through tleap (using OB to output the structure into pdb) so leap is able to correctly interpolate the output via the rotamer library .off files. It's a little complicated to explain, but everything is OK.

Thanks all for the help!

Nick