Re: [AMBER] Multiple vs Continuous MD opinion

From: Massimiliano Porrini <m.porrini.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:40:12 +0100

On 19 March 2014 18:16, Robert Molt <rwmolt07.gmail.com> wrote:

> "I think, looking at 1s of our life a 4,000 times, one can also sample
> "How often does a fellow eat food". It would be simply enough assuming
> that one knew more or less when (and how) this fellow is about to eat
> something."
>
> If you knew "when (and how)" this fellows eat, you already know the
> relevant phase space, and you do not need to do the study. The relevant
> question is when we DON'T know phase space.

Indeed, I wrote "...when (and how) _is about_".
The "is about" introduces some uncertainty that would encourage
me to do the study.

It might be that, when the fellow was going to seat to eat his food, his
phone rings, he needs to urgently
leave and... he will perhaps eat that food another day :-)

Just to give a metaphor of the chaoticity of the systems.

> Dr. Robert Molt Jr., Ph.D.
> r.molt.chemical.physics.gmail.com
> Nigel Richards Research Group
> Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology
> Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
> LD 326
> 402 N. Blackford St.
> Indianapolis, IN 46202
>
> On 3/19/14 1:10 PM, Massimiliano Porrini wrote:
> > I think, looking at 1s of our life a 4,000 times, one can also sample
> > "How often does a fellow eat food".
> > It would be simply enough assuming that one knew
> > more or less when (and how) this fellow is about to eat something.

Dr Massimiliano Porrini
Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie (IECB)
CNRS UMR 5248 Chimie et Biologie des Membranes et des Nano-objets (CBMN)
2, rue Robert Escarpit
33607 Pessac Cedex
FRANCE
Tel   : 33 (0)5 40 00 30 31