Re: [AMBER] strain/energy of backbone atoms

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:42:47 -0400

I interpret "strain" as being the difference in energy between the knitted
form and the isolated polymers (how much intramolecular energy penalty they
pay in order to interact with each other). You can't really just do MM on
the knitted form to determine this, because the un-knitted form does not
have zero energy. In your case, getting the average energy of the free
polymers might be difficult - but it's the only way I know to estimate
internal strain.