[AMBER] strain/energy of backbone atoms

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All

I have polymer chains (4 chains) knitted together and done explicit solvent simulation. I am interested to know how much each chain has strain/energy (may be not even a correct term to use). I can calculate single point energy (MM energy; using imin=5) of backbone but would it be sufficient (if not satisfactory) to represent such behaviour?
Also I am not sure if I can just use atoms as there is residue based decomposition of energy or is there any other method that can help in such analysis.

thanks
Jiom