Re: [AMBER] rdf around atom

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:46:39 -0600

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) Is this making spherical shells, (n1 to n) depending on 'dr' chosen
> (here 0.1), around each N atom and finally averaging each shell
> coressponding to each N (average all n1 for all Ns, average of n2 for all
> Ns and so on....)?

Yes; with the volume keyword the expected density is calculated from the
average box size and number of distances calculated (otherwise you can
specify the expected density).

> 2) Also does the spherical shell cross the original box as well? Which I
> think yes as I have some N atoms at one corner of the box so the rdf should
> cross the boundry.

Yes; imaging is performed unless 'noimage' is specified.

> 3) Is there any function any one knows that helps for linear molecules.
> eg. if I use
> radial rdf_Cl 0.1 10 :Cl- :1-339 volume (Note not considering N atoms in
> mask2)
> then it will consider center of mass of 1-339 resdiues and make spherical
> shells around center of mass, which would not be a good representation. So
> is there something cylindrical distribution function in cpptraj?

There is no cylindrical distribution function at this time. Note the
command you specified actually calculates the average RDF over every atom
in the second mask; to calculate using the center of mass of atoms in the
second mask you would need to specify 'center2'.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

> thanks
> Jiom